Jan 17, 2011

Task 1ºBach #1701: Relative Clauses


Complete the sentences with a relative pronoun or adverb.
1) Where's the restaurant ................you went to last night?
2) He doesn't like people ................are moody.
3) This is the cinema ..................I saw my first film.
4) I can remember the day .................I first started school.
5) These are the trousers ................I bought.
6) Is that the journalist ...................interviewed David Beckham?

Combine the sentences using relative pronouns or adverbs. Put the relative pronoun into brackets if you can omit it. Some can be defining and others non-defining clauses.
1) That's the girl. She spoke to me yesterday.
2) What's the name of the book? You wanted me to read it.
3) I rent a house. It's very small but comfortable.
4) The hotel was very expensive. We stayed in that hotel.
5) The car was stolen. It was a BMW.
6) The man smoked forty cigarettes a day. He died of a heart attack.
7) That's the building. I work there.
8) Those are the boys. Their mother works in the post office.
9) The businessman was very rich. I saw him last night.
10) That is the dog. Its owner is French.
11) Al arrived early. He went by moped.
12) The boys were brothers. They went by bus.
13) The girls were OK. They had pizza.
14) Sue and Karen went home early. Their fathers came to the café.
15) She remembered the day. Her baby dog was born on that day.
16) My parents organised a party. It was my birthday.
17) This is the mobile phone. It costs €300.
18) The Sierra Nevada are the mountains. I had a skiing accident.
19) This is the teacher. She is always friendly.
20) I met a boy. He can speak three languages.
21) She usually wears the designer clothes. I bought them for her birthday.
22) My brother has met a girl. Her boyfriend is English.
23) The hospital is very modern. She went there after her accident.
24) The trainers are now reduced in the sports shop. I bought them last week.
25) My sister is a fantastic swimmer. Her legs are very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment